Thursday, February 3, 2011

2nd visit without Val

Super long day today, skipped breakfast to go out and sign the last papers, then Val went into Uzhgorod to send them to Kiev for the SDA to process. We visited without him for more than 2 hours. The oldest happened to see me coming in while walking down the hall and just about bowled me over. Highlights for me: all 3 are calling me Papa now, and both of us are just having obviously sweeter relationships with them every day. We also wrote out and explained the names we chose for each girl, which was kind of a special time. Julie got to hold and comfort two crying girls, one at the beginning and one at the end; the reasons were nothing to worry about, just stuff that normal kids get upset about. Today was nonstop for me since I am working after getting back, with a deadline this weekend.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love that they are calling you guys Mama & Papa! It melts my heart. I also love that you have picked out names & I can't wait to hear them. So glad that each day your relationships are gettting deeper. I've fallen in love with these girls too!

Kristen said...

Glad to hear that paper work is still moving. It's hard to remember/understand exactly where it is. So glad you have experienced help to guide you through it, especially so you don't have to miss much time with those precious girls!

Kelsie said...

Josh and I read this post together. We both especially appreciated the part about how you explained the names you chose for the girls. Wow. Talk about melting our hearts! We are so blessed through this...God is using this. He's using you. We send our love!!