I explained to them I needed to buy them clothes. I drew the basic outline of several items that were on my list, spilled out the box of crayons and asked them what colors they wanted for a coat, cap, scarf, pants, etc. The picture below is the result of the exercise. Maria, as you can see, wanted a white coat and white boots. Olena likes yellow, but was indecisive about boots so we had to draw a second pair so she could color them pink. When we asked Julia what color of coat she wanted, she picked out the black crayon. The rest of us all exclaimed, "Black?" She just nodded confidently and said, "Like Mom's!" She also picked a black sweater (I was wearing a black sweater) and pink cap and scarf with black gloves like mine. Blue pants matched my blue jeans. Maybe there will be a Julie, Jr. after all!
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Clothes and Colors
Today I went to visit the girls while Stan was working at the tea house that has the best public internet access in town. One thing on my to do list is to figure out what the girls' clothing sizes are and buy some basic clothes to travel home with. Everything they wear now belongs to the orphanage. Unfortunately it doesn't look like we will be able to take them out shopping with us while we are in this area, so I took a measuring tape with me today and we checked their shoes for the European sizing on them. I didn't find any tags on the clothes they are wearing, so I'll have to rely on my measurements.
I explained to them I needed to buy them clothes. I drew the basic outline of several items that were on my list, spilled out the box of crayons and asked them what colors they wanted for a coat, cap, scarf, pants, etc. The picture below is the result of the exercise. Maria, as you can see, wanted a white coat and white boots. Olena likes yellow, but was indecisive about boots so we had to draw a second pair so she could color them pink. When we asked Julia what color of coat she wanted, she picked out the black crayon. The rest of us all exclaimed, "Black?" She just nodded confidently and said, "Like Mom's!" She also picked a black sweater (I was wearing a black sweater) and pink cap and scarf with black gloves like mine. Blue pants matched my blue jeans. Maybe there will be a Julie, Jr. after all!
I explained to them I needed to buy them clothes. I drew the basic outline of several items that were on my list, spilled out the box of crayons and asked them what colors they wanted for a coat, cap, scarf, pants, etc. The picture below is the result of the exercise. Maria, as you can see, wanted a white coat and white boots. Olena likes yellow, but was indecisive about boots so we had to draw a second pair so she could color them pink. When we asked Julia what color of coat she wanted, she picked out the black crayon. The rest of us all exclaimed, "Black?" She just nodded confidently and said, "Like Mom's!" She also picked a black sweater (I was wearing a black sweater) and pink cap and scarf with black gloves like mine. Blue pants matched my blue jeans. Maybe there will be a Julie, Jr. after all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
how fun!!!!! Hopefully some of your friends with girls your girls ages can be of some help with sizes!!!
That is too precious about the youngest choosing 'mom's colors'
So precious! It's ok with me if there is a Julie Jr! I can't think of a better role model for our sweet Julia. Hope you can find coats and accessories in all those clors. ;)
Can't stop laughing! This is SO cute! What a fun little activity. I sure hope you can get some workable clothing there for them! Ju, I'm sure you will really have a great time shopping for their clothing! Julie, Jr. is gonna look so cute!
Too sweet!
I love that "Julia Jr." wants to be like Mommy! That's so sweet! Tears in my eyes...
Post a Comment