Today we hurried through our morning lessons so we could eat lunch early then rush off to the pediatrician's office for a physical. The doctor only does one new patient physical per day, so today was Maria's turn. In the past month the girls have had a physical with the orphanage doctor, the U.S. Embassy approved doctor and now an American doctor. One of the main purposes of this physical was to review their immunization records and administer vaccinations needed before starting school. Maria needed four immunizations and a few blood tests. Although Maria was not very happy about all the needles, she did a good job sitting still. Ironically, the other girls were begging to get shots, too. I guess they don't want to miss out on anything. Their turn is coming later this week.
At dinner time Stan asked me what immunizations Maria had to get. I had started to reply, "Well, I think Hep A, Hep B. . ." when Julia interrupt in song, "C, D, E, F, G. . . H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P!" I'm sure Maria felt like she got the whole alphabet of immunizations today.
Julia, on the other hand is getting much better at singing the alphabet song. The first time I heard her sing it by herself at the orphanage she sang, "H, I, J, K, Olena, P."
2 comments:
How cute is Julia's alphabet! I just laughed and laughed!!
Too cute. :-) For the longest time (OK, a week) my kids thought "elemeno" was a letter. That, and "egg" showing up in the alphabet instead of G.
Post a Comment