At 4 we called the travel agent from a cafe to work on changing tomorrow morning's flight. Late tonight w talked more and he got Lufthansa's permission to cancel our flights but not rebook till Thursday when our departure date is more certain.
At 4:30 wegot to orphanage and started our 3 parties. 2 of the teachers cried, they really are a lot more than teachers, and the kids loved the food and favors, and we got lots of pictures of kids with classmates that will be special. Big success there thanks mostly to Julie's prep. We were called away to sign a bunch of papers in the director's office basically requesting the girls' release.
At 6:45 we left and spent a delightful 4 hours at Sheila and Max's home over a home-cooked dinner, the best way to get to know them better. Then walked home in the cold, finalized plans with travel agent, and packed. At 1:50, it's time to get some sleep before another big day and short night.
5 comments:
I can't believe it is finally official! You are their Mommy & Daddy!! Praise the Lord!!! I don't know two parents that have prayed, planned & prepared for children more than you have & it is so wonderful to see it come to fruition!
(I know I am using a lot of exclamation points but I can't help it! This deserves a lot of exclamation!! :)
hCongratulations! Another milestone! What a full, full day, emotionally and physically. The pictures you posted did a great job of showing us what their good-bye parties looked like. That was really cool. Have a great train ride and enjoy the travel with your kiddos!
Congratulations, Mommy and Daddy! Praying for all the details that need to be completed over the next few days!
Congrats! God be praised! I am so happy for you guys! Been following your story thru Amy, by way of our mom's group (church). You have been on my heart and your story is a divine testimony to the love we have for all of God's precious children. I'm an adoptive mommy myself, so my tears are with you! Happy tears!
~Aimee
Congrats! It's official! PRAISE GOD!!! :-D
Post a Comment