We are leaving for Kiev in a few minutes. The brother did not even want to see us today, and the sister said she wanted to go only if he did. This was a surprise to me. Even her body language initially seemed to say something different, but then once a person rejects someone to their face, they don't want to even look at them again or say goodbye. There really does not seem to be any point in staying, and tomorrow would have been our last day to visit in any case. So another referral has come to a sudden end.
We are not sure what we are going to do next. One option is to update any expired documents in our dossier and submit again for the same age range. Another option is to come back in midfall looking for younger kids. It is not unlikely that we will be flying home this week, though.
10 comments:
Praying for God's comfort and healing for wounded hearts, peace and blessing for discouraged spirits and safe and comfortable travel for tired bodies.
So very sorry.
My prayers will be echoing your mom and dad's and my thoughts reflect Beth's. Words are inadequate.
We're so sorry.
Wish I could just hug you right now!
Love you guys. Big hugs too.Tears.
This verse just keeps coming to my mind. 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' Mt. 25:40
My heart is heavy. I'm so sorry. But I feel so proud of you both--your perseverance, your steadfastness, your faith--all in a foreign land in the midst of sorrow. It does not go unnoticed. We will continue to pray...
Our hearts bleed for you. Crying out to God like David right now. Please know that we are with you in spirit and will continue to lift you up in prayer.
For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11
Que fuerte. Mucho animo. Nos gustaria poder daros un gran abrazo.
Ian y Mayca
Post a Comment