So we have all evening to chill in our air conditioned room, although we do need to go out and buy some water. It feels like our first chance so far to relax. (We did have some discretionary time on the weekend, but we very wisely used it to sightsee in Kiev with the Blakers since it would be our only chance.) We are thankful to have Wifi in our room in the town of Severodonetsk like we did in the big city.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Updated schedule
Breaking news: no interview today after all. Tomorrow morning an interview at the orphanage and another visit with the children. To protect the privacy of kids that may not end up being ours, we will leave out a lot of detail about them during this initial period. I am definitely finding this an uncomfortable place to be in, to have actually talked with them and not to be able to say that these are our children, especially after hearing some heartbreaking stories of adoptions that didn't work out (as well as happy ones) from our very experienced facilitator on the train. God sure feels close in this, though; he has brought us this far through a lot of details, and we are trusting him to work out the rest of the details.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
So glad you got to see your little possibilities and that you get a little break before your next interview and seeing them again. We'll pray for a good night of rest and clear direction/confirmation tomorrow.
"Amen!" to what your other dad and mom wrote! - Dad and Mom
it sounds as if God knows you need a good nights rest & we will pray HE will make tomorrow very clear to you. Hugs from us!
Yes, may the Lord grant you both the sleep that you need!
I just recently became aware that you are not to share their names or pictures until everything is complete. Are you allowed to share anything? Like... Did you see either of them smile? Do they know what you are trying to do or are you just random strangers? Did they seem happy? angry? fun?
May the Lord's presence be with you at your critical interview tomorrow. Luv you guys!
So excited that you got to meet them! I can't imagine how much emotion you are experiencing as I can barely contain mine! Still praying through every stage of this. We love you guys!
I just read this to Lily and she said, "Let's pray for them right now!!"
I love looking everyday to see your new comments. What an exciting time. I look forward to reading tomorrows...
Post a Comment